Feelin' Gravy



I probably make gravy about twice a year. We're just not a gravy kind of family. But I love gravy boats or sauce boats. I've already shown you my silver-plated collection. Here is a small creamware grouping in my kitchen.




I found this one in HomeGoods. It's from the Hera Collection, made by Roscher & Co. I love the twining leaves, and the curvy handle. It's such a pretty pattern that goes with any other creamware, and also with my brown transferware.




Isn't this little cabbage leaf sauceboat adorable? I found it a few years ago in my favorite thrift store. I've never actually used it for gravy, but I love to display it, and it makes a sweet little container for flowers too. It's ironstone, from Shorter & Son, Stoke-on-Trent, England.




This simple little beauty is another thrift store find. Very plain, but with quite beautiful lines. It looks like it may have been a piece of restaurant-ware.




Here they are, all lined up on the mantel above my kitchen range. That beautiful black iron cornbread mold was a gift from my dear friend, Robin. I love decorating with culinary antiques. And old iron makes a beautiful dark counterpoint to my soft yellow cabinets.

So, have I converted you yet? Are you feelin' groovy? Or maybe feelin' gravy? ;)