Christmas Crumble



Just a little treat after a busy afternoon of Christmas shopping and decorating.




My friend Toni Anne brought a delicious apple crumble for dessert last weekend. It was so wonderful that I decided that I should make some more, just for me.

Oh come on, don't tell me that you never make a dessert just for you.

Because you do, right?




Anyway, here's the recipe, as best as I can remember.

Apple Crumble

4 Fuji apples, cored and sliced
1/4 cup apple cider
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 325. In a lightly buttered baking dish, mix apples and cider. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter with two knives until it resembles pea sized crumbs. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 325 for 45-55 minutes or until apples are tender.

This makes enough for four good sized servings. Or one serving, and breakfast for the rest of the week.

Because you do that too, right?

Just a note: when I have it for breakfast, I omit the ice cream. I swear.