Tablescape Thursday: Green and Cream Lunch



Welcome! We're lunching on the deck today. We have to be quick, though, because it's getting a little cloudy and I think it may rain.




Just soup and a salad this afternoon. I have used my white Atelier at Home dinner plates as chargers, and topped them with salad plates by April Cornell and soup bowls by Kate Williams at Global Design Connections. The water goblets and tablecloth are both from Waterford. Soft green napkins are paired with silver napkin rings from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I've tucked a few daisies into the rings.




By now you know that I can't set a table without some thrift store flatware. Aren't these pretty?





We have two tables on our deck -- one with an umbrella in the center, and this one which belonged to my mother. The iron chairs are surprisingly comfortable, even without cushions.




Potted mint is nestled into a Carnival glass bowl. Little glass baskets -- salt cellars? -- hold a single daisy at each place setting.




The soup tureen is by a company called Mannerisms. It usually sits on my kitchen counter as part of a creamware collection. Do you recognize my new wire bird cage? I filled it with some greenery in a milk glass goblet. I've also used a piece of garden statuary here -- a concrete basket of flowers.




The urn-shaped planter holds cleome. The basketweave pot has some greenery but needs some more color. I've been neglecting my pots this year, because of all the rain. I see a trip to the garden center later on this week. The small concrete bird was found at an estate sale for $5.




Many thanks to our lovely Tablescape Thursday hostess, Susan, of Between Naps on the Porch. Please visit her for more wonderful tablescapes.