Tablescape Thursday: Too Busy for Breakfast



OK, so I'm cheating a little. This is a poor excuse for a tabletop. But life has been crazy busy recently, and believe it or not this is the best I could do today.




Breakfast on the deck includes orange juice in a crystal glass, which I've popped inside my father's silver glass holder. When I was growing up, this always sat next to the kitchen sink, with my father's glass inside.

And yes, I haven't polished it. I could tell you that I left it this way on purpose, because I like the tarnished patina, but honestly, I just didn't have time. ;)

But I do like the patina.




A linen napkin from the thrift store, with beautiful lace edging, is held by a mother of pearl napkin ring from Target.




We tend to live on the deck in the summer, and this has been a really nice one so far -- not too hot and humid. My tabletop is a Chinese garden bench, purchased a few years ago at Michael's.




I like to think of this plate as a "poor woman's Flora Danica." I love anything with a botanical theme, and this is one of a set of four, each with a unique design.




I know several of you have these same dishes. I love them, and have even hung them on the wall in my bedroom in the past.




I love container gardening, because the deer eat almost everything I try to grow in my regular garden.




Many thanks to our beautiful Tablescape Thursday hostess, Susan. Please visit her wonderful blog, Between Naps on the Porch, for more summer tablescapes.