A Fall Garden



It was such a beautiful day yesterday, and I had my camera in the car, so on a whim I stopped at a nearby garden that is open to the public. I wrote about the Leonard J. Buck Garden in the spring here, but it has a very different look in the fall.




Years ago I used to devour seed catalogs, and knew the Latin names for many plants. Nowadays, I have forgotten most of it, and my powers of identification aren't what they used to be. I think this may be tiarella, but frankly your guess is as good as mine.




Of course this is a redwood tree. I know it's probably small compared to some of the huge ones in California, but it seems mighty large for New Jersey. :)




Um, I'm guessing wild ginger? Violets? What do you think?




The Buck gardens were built on the site of glacial rock formations, and there is a meandering stream leading to a beautiful pond, crossed by several wooden bridges.




At the entrance to the gardens, there are benches and several large planters filled with wonderful coleus and other foliage plants.




Oh how I wished my planters were this beautiful!




There was also a rock garden trough with these sedum, which look like some kind of strange landscape when viewed through the macro lens of my camera.

All in all, I spent a beautiful half hour wandering around the garden. I hope you enjoyed it, too. :)