It's beginning to feel like autumn here in New Jersey, although I could stand the temperatures to be a bit cooler. The fields are filled with goldenrod, though, and the sun slants at a different angle in the sky, and the farm stands are filled with corn and tomatoes and zucchini. So I put together a small lunch for my friend Toni Anne.
A flowered tablecloth from Ralph Lauren set the stage with it's autumn hues, and made a nice backdrop for the simplicity of creamware serving dishes and pitchers.
You've all seen my dishes by Atelier at Home, and my assortment of thrift store and antique flatware before. :)
Napkins are cotton damask, with antique silver napkin rings that I love to leave in their untarnished state. Goblets are pressed glass, and belonged to my mother, as did the creamware pitcher holding goldenrod, queen anne's lace, chrysanthemums and dried seed pods.
Lunch included a salad of mixed greens with yellow pear tomatoes from the farm stand,
and orzo salad with roasted cherry tomatoes, zucchini and corn. This was a sort of fly-by-the- seat-of-your-pants creation, and I'm proud to say that it turned out quite tasty. In fact, I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. lol
Many thanks to our wonderful Tablescape Thursday hostess, Susan! For more lovely tables, please visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.