Red and White



Last week when I posted a formal luncheon in my dining room for Tablescape Thursday, several people asked me for a closer look at the dishes in my corner cabinet. So here they are. :)




I tend to change out the dishes here a few times a year. Right now, the cabinet is filled with red transferware and white milk glass. The transferware is mostly reproduction Spode, with a few vintage and antique pieces thrown in.




The milk glass is beginning to take over.




My kids think this cow creamer is kind of creepy, but I just love it. In fact, if I'm not careful, I might easily begin to collect these. ;)




The milk glass pieces appeal to my frugal nature -- none cost more than $28. and most were in the 50 cent to $4. range.




I found this little sugar bowl, minus it's lid, at a rummage sale. I think it was $1.50.




A few antique books help to stagger the heights of the pieces.




I think I've finally reached critical mass here. One more piece and the whole thing will come down. lol




Anyway, that's my little corner cabinet. I will probably change everything out this spring with some flowered dishes.

Stay tuned. :)