Weekend Thoughts



Saturday morning, sweet veronica spires, dew on the flowers and the sound of birdsong in the trees... the weekend stretches before me like a gift. I will spend it with the ones I love.

My daughter and I spent the afternoon yesterday wandering through a local antiques shop, searching for old vinyl albums for my son's birthday present. The first time I took my son to the same store, he spent most of an afternoon selecting some hip vintage items for his apartment. For my daughter, it was the vintage jewelry that beckoned.

I love it that they have both inherited my joy in anything old or vintage. That is so cool. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful, slow weekend, my dear bloggers. Here in the United States Monday is a day of remembrance for all members of our armed services. I thank you and your families for your service. Your sacrifices are great, your courage overwhelming. Thank you.

*********

Are you guys up for Mosaic Monday this week? Even with the holiday weekend? I tend to do everything at the last minute, waiting for inspiration. So I'm sure I'll come up with something by Sunday night. The linky thingy will be up by 8:30pm Sunday. Thanks, everyone! :)