A Work in Progress



Our master bedroom has been a work in progress (and that's a polite way of putting it) for over a year now. I wanted to show you my new headboard -- handmade by my friend Toni Anne and I yesterday.




We made a plywood and 2X4 base, covered it with foam, batting and a white quilt and voila -- an upholstered headboard. Of course, that makes it sound like it was a breeze to create but let me tell you -- it was a big job! But we are thrilled with the way it turned out. We may be making one for her next. :)




So, that's the master bedroom so far. I still have some ideas -- I'd like to decoupage some prints on the folding screen, and paint the dresser, and get a rug... But it's definitely coming along. :)

Oh, and please excuse the messy bedside tables. I didn't have time to style the photos. lol

I'm linking this post to Cindy's Show & Tell Friday. Thanks, dear Cindy, for hosting such a fun event!