Garden Conservancy Open Days, NJ



I thought I would share some more photos of the beautiful garden that I visited this past Saturday, as a part of The Garden Conservancy's Open Days Program. I love the mixture of formal garden rooms and more natural areas.

There was a wonderful potager which was enclosed by a white picket fence and included raised beds, a rose-covered trellis, and a central water feature. Tomatoes were trained on a pair of white trellises, and the garden included plants that are both ornamental and edible, such as chives and artichokes.

Overlooking the potager, tucked into a small clearing in the trees, was a sweet little table and chairs, surrounded by some lovely potted specimens. It was the perfect place to enjoy dinner on a cool evening.

I loved the use of garden ornaments here, such as the beautiful stone and iron central feature in one of the formal garden rooms, and the charming porcelain birdhouse hanging from a tree outside the potager. I think that the inclusion of these ornaments helps to give the formal bones of the garden a human touch.

I hope you are enjoying the virtual garden visits. I still have to share photos of the second garden I visited last weekend. I guess it's Garden Week here at Little Red House. :)