More Bunny



After seeing all the beautiful formal spaces in Bunny Williams' garden, I thought you might like to see the service area. The barn shown in the top photo was built to replace the original barn which was remodeled into an entertainment and guest room. Immediately behind the new barn is a very posh chicken house, filled with exotic birds. The birds are favorites of Miss Williams' husband, antiques dealer John Roselli.

Also behind the barn is a large working greenhouse, complete with potting table. It was very hot the day we visited, and the greenhouse was home to succulents, house plants and annuals, many of them in beautiful hand thrown pots by Guy Wolffe, whose pottery is nearby. Don't you love the pot with the ruffled edges?

As you can see, there is a rather large vegetable garden here as well, complete with a compost pile enclosed with a fanciful iron fence. I know the photo is not the best, but I had to show it to you. Have you ever seen such an elegant compost heap in your life? :)

Anyway, I guess that is about it for today. I'm beginning to think that this will be the summer of gardens here on Little Red House, for I've got lots more to show you from all my garden tours. And my favorite thrift store is closed till the fall. ;)