My Treasure Hunt



Ever since I was a little girl, I always loved to go outside and just look. Not necessarily at beautiful vistas, but just at the details that are found in even the smallest patch of earth. I guess it was sort of like a treasure hunt for me, to discover the tiny gems in nature -- the seeds and berries and flowers and leaves -- and to watch how they grew and changed with the seasons.




I guess I am still at it almost half a century later. So much time has passed, so much water under the bridge, so many seasons have turned, and I am still hunting that treasure. The cedar trees are almost bursting with berries this autumn, a thousand tiny dusky pearls clinging to their branches. And every misty morning brings more small mushrooms to the lawn, appearing seemingly overnight, as if a whole colony of fairies had decided to take their rest in our backyard by the light of the moon.



The spiders are busy weaving now, too. Everywhere I walk, they have spun their soft yarns, spreading lacy silver shawls across the garden.

I hope you have enjoyed coming along on my little treasure hunt. Often I find myself at a loss for something to post here. My life is small and ordinary. But filled with treasure. :)