In Which I Return to the Scene of the Crime



First of all, let me say that I have been a good little girl. I haven't been to the thrift store since April or May. In fact, my favorite thrift store moved into a larger building over the summer, and this week was the first time I had been there to check it out.





And wow, what a difference! Where before it had been housed in the basement of a very small church, it is now in a large, bright and airy room with lots of space to show off all the great things for sale.




As you walk in the door, there is a large table filled with all the housewares that I love -- dishes and trays and lamps and candlesticks -- and everything is styled beautifully. In fact, it almost looks like an upscale home decor shop. But with really good prices. ;)





So what did I get? I got this beautiful Wedgwood covered casserole dish, for $8. Yes, as you have probably guessed, I'm a sucker for covered dishes. And this was just the perfect color to go in my kitchen.

So now I have to make up for lost time at the thrift store, right? I have my eye on a small tea set and a Victorian chair... ;)