Christmas Reflections



It's beginning to feel a bit more like Christmas here. My good blogging friend Kate told me to do a little decorating, and listen to some Christmas music, and I would begin to feel better. And I do.




My husband brought me four armloads of red and white tulips, and some Godiva chocolates. Oh, how I love this man! Just seeing them as I walk through the room makes me feel better.




My children came home for the weekend, and we started on our Christmas decorations. The old and well-loved traditions help to bring a sense of peace, especially in this year that has, at times, seemed like one sadness after another. And while the sadness is still there, the quiet joy of the season is there, too.




Another blogging friend, Georgianna, told me that quiet reflection is as valuable as festive celebration. So that's where I am at the moment -- doing a little decorating, listening to a few Christmas songs, eating a little chocolate, and reflecting on how fortunate I am to have such wonderful and caring family and friends. Including you, my dear blogging friends. Thank you for listening, thank you for caring, thank you for your comments, encouragement and prayers for someone you have never even met.

Wishing you much love and laughter as you prepare for this Christmas season. xoxo