White and Wonderful



It happens every year. After the excesses of Christmas, we crave simplicity. After all the red and gold, I want white. And lots of it.




I've been sort of collecting white dishes for my kitchen for the last few years. I found this little covered dish at my favorite thrift store last year, and I'm not sure if I ever showed it to you. It's white, it's covered, and it has a bird on it, so as far as I'm concerned it's a home run. :)




As you know, I also collect milk glass. I won this Westmoreland hand dish on ebay recently. I'm not really sure why this particular shape should appeal to me so much, but it does.




My milk glass collection has pretty much filled the corner cabinet in our dining room, so I'm thinking I will have to stop soon. When my son was little, he had a friend whose grandparents collected milk glass. They displayed their collection in floor to ceiling shelves in their living room. I don't think I'm ready to go that far, so I'd best start to pass by the pieces I come across.

Yeah, that's going to happen.

When pigs fly.