Pressed Flowers



As I was looking around our Little Red House for something to show you, I spied the wall of pressed flowers in our tiny den.




I began collecting these a few years ago when I bought the two little framed pieces above at my favorite thrift store. I have since found them in antiques stores and at rummage sales, too.




I seem to have found a lot of pairs, which really helps when you are trying to create a balanced grouping on the wall.




I love it that they all have gold frames, which makes them perfect for my den or my library. And the pretty frame shapes are quite pleasing, too.




After two or three years of collecting, I now have enough to fill a small wall above the wing chair in our tiny den. There is really no room for any more, but I still have to stop myself from bringing home more when I find them.

Once a collector, always a collector. Or in other words, two is a pair, three is a collection. After that, beware. ;)

I'm linking this post to Three or more Tuesday, hosted by the lovely Tam, of