Things That Are Sent ToTry Us...........


There I was so excited on Monday to show you the caravan and tell you all that I was considering taking it over as my work space. Which I'm pleased to know, you all think is a good idea and its a definite, all systems go.
Got up Tuesday morning, thinking yes we will start today and then saw the state of my body. Not a pretty site and definitely not for the faint hearted. I was all over swollen again! As the morning went on so I got bigger, a bit like Violet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka.
I went to Physiotherapy in the afternoon and my Cardiac Nurse, took one look at me and told me to go to my Doctors immediately. Could not do Physiotherapy, as it would put to much strain on my heart. So left Physiotherapy and went straight to the Doctors Surgery. Doctor takes a look and is not happy, tells me to go home pack a bag, she will ring the Hospital, I need to be seen urgently. So Home I go pack a bag, bawl me eyes out as I'm so fed up, get a call from the Doctor to say go straight to A & E, Medical team waiting for me. So off to the Hospital we go.
Get to A & E, book in then wait to be seen by the triage Nurse, see her explain situation, tells us to take a seat outside and wait to be called. About 30 minutes later, get called by a Doctor. Go through the whole story again. She examines me, checks my lungs etc, etc. Then says that she wants to do an ECG, X-Ray's and take some blood. There in lays the problem, taking blood. As the whole medical profession that has come into contact with me know, I don't have a very happy relationship with needles. My veins either collapse, or think to themselves "Oh look a needle, lets run and hide" and they move as the needle pierces the skin! And by that time I'm having a cold sweat, my hands are really clammy and I'm feeling not well at all.
Anyway, I have my ECG, their happy with that. Then comes the tricky part of the evening taking blood. I tell the Doc you've got one go, if it doesn't work your not rooting round to find another vein. So no pressure. She looks and looks, then says your so swollen its so hard to find a vein. Eventually, she decides to go in at the wrist and manages to get a syringe full of blood, before the vein collapsed. Then off I go to X-Ray. Come back from X-Ray and wait nearly three hours, before a Nurse comes to see us! By this time I'm hot and bothered, fed up and very, very uncomfortable. She then tells us that we have to wait to see the Medical Registrar, but he's the only one on in the whole hospital so need to wait. Unbelievable!
Eventually, he arrives at 11.15pm, looks through all the results, X-Ray's are OK, no fluid on the lungs, ECG OK haven't had anything nasty happen, Blood ,well they didn't have enough for all the tests so he wants to take some more!!!! You can imagine what I said can't you. He tries to get some blood, in goes the needle, vein collapses, no blood. No go, no more. Told him that no way is he doing it again. Then after all this tells me that they haven't got any beds, so can't keep me in. But he is changing my water tablet, back to the original one that I came out of hospital with and that he is arranging an urgent Heart Scan. But my question is:- I never had any water retention before my Surgery and all seemed well when I came out of Hospital, except with the leg that they took the vein from, so why now is my body blowing up with fluid? Making it difficult to move and breath. They don't know, that's why they need a Heart Scan! But written across my notes is Heart Failure, but it doesn't mean my Heart is dying, it just means that my Heart is failing to pump blood, fluid around my body properly. Again I don't understand this, as my body was surviving on my Heart only working with 1 completely blocked artery, and the other three 80% blocked and I felt OK. My Heart is now supposed to be working with three new bypasses and I feel worse now, then I did before the Operation.
I'm having to weigh myself in the morning and then in the evening to see if my weight is increasing and it is! Weighed myself this morning and I put on 3lbs yesterday! If I go on at this rate, they will be rolling me to the Hospital for my Heart Scan.
Also had to go to the Lipid Clinic yesterday and my cholesterol level has fallen again to 3.7 . They are really pleased with that but will have to continue on the Statins for the rest of my life. So at least that was positive.
So until I can physically move properly and not be hobbling about the new work room is on hold.
See told you Things are most definitely sent to try us.. At least I'm still smiling, well trying to ..LOL