The Roof Continues!

Today I trimmed and fitted the rafters for the roof. I have to stain them before I do the final glueing, so they match the studs. But everything is fitting perfectly, so I am pleased. I had to cut a partial 45 degree angle on each rafter to line up with the 45 degree angle I carved a couple of weeks ago on the fascia. This will give me a seamless angle to fit the roof sheathing on later. I am hoping to use more of the boards I salvaged from the cedar flower lattices for the roofing.

View from the top:-

View from the inside looking out:-


Detail of the cut on the rafters:-



I have one new follower to welcome. It's someone whom I admire their work tremendously, so I am honoured that they have taken the time to follow my blog.

Please welcome, Bozse, and everyone please have a look at the fantastic work at http://mytinyworldfromhungary.blogspot.com/

I am so impressed with the aging that you are doing on your projects. Thanks for sharing your work to all of us avid followers.

-Wanda