Milk Glass. Yes, More.



For those of you who have been visiting here for awhile, you will recognize this post as one of my biannual favorites. For those of you who are fairly new, well, I will just come out and say it:

My name is Mary, and I am a milk glass-a-holic.

Last week found me at one of my favorite local rummage sales -- the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills Rummage Sale. Twice a year, I descend on the Housewares tent and troll for milk glass. I have way too many pieces already, but somehow I can never help myself. This beautiful set by Westmoreland Glass Co. came home with me. ;)




And while we're on the subject of my foibles, I have to tell you a little story about this purchase. Do you see how one of the candlesticks is upside down in the photo above? When I first brought this set home, I didn't realize that they were candlesticks. Were they little shallow bowls? Finger bowls, perhaps? Then I thought that they were made to hold pillar candles. After a few days, I suddenly realized that I had them upside down.

Duh!

I did get a few other pieces as well. But I'll save them for a later confession post. In the meantime, please tell me that you have a collection that overruns your house, too. You do, right? :)