Albert Hadley and Red Ranunculus



I've spent my week in thrall to a flower. Truly.

I've seen so many beautiful photos of ranunculus, and have always wanted to shoot some. Until this past week, I was never able to find any in the places I normally shop for flowers. I suppose I could have asked a florist to order some for me, but that seemed like too much trouble.

Finally, I stumbled across some at a nearby supermarket. First I bought some white ones. You can see those pictures here, and here.

Then I went back and got some red ones. :)




I love all the pale interiors that are popular right now, with grey walls and seagrass rugs and white linen slipcovers. Alas, my home is not one of them.




So I guess I have to play to my strengths, and embrace my inner red.




After all, just because it's not in all the design magazines right now doesn't mean that it's not beautiful.

I've been reading the biography of American designer Albert Hadley, who died recently. While I'm sure he would have shuddered at my pine panelling, he might just have approved of my red ranunculus. ;)




So I guess I'll keep dreaming of grey walls and white slips, and surround myself with red. :)