Birthday Buys...

Yesterday we popped out with the boys to the local Army Surplus shop as Harry wanted a pair of boots. While we were out, we also popped into town and I called into the little shop where Mick brought my lovely Frog Jug from.
Mick had told me about these jars, that he had seen while in there and thought I'd like them. Well he was right, and I brought the last one..
While I was browsing we were talking and I told Pat the owner that I was looking for a dresser top to hang in my Kitchen. She took us upstairs to the store rooms and there was just what I wanted a large dresser top. It's approx 4ft by 4 1/2ft. The colour matches my antique shelving , so I put it down to fate and we agreed a price. The Picture was taken while the dresser top is resting on its side on the floor of the Kitchen.
Pat and her husband Mick dropped it off last night and came in for a cup of tea and a chat.
We've just got to get the shelving up on the wall now and I'll be able to get some of my China out of boxes and display it.
So instead of Mick buying Miniatures he brought me the shelves instead. Maybe I'll be able to display a few minis on the shelves. I did debate about making a miniature setting in the Jar, it is big enough. But for today its going to be used to put all the names in for the Birthday Give Away..I've still got to write all the names out! I'll be back later with the winner's name.... Excited I know I am...............LOL